Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Staying Indoors

We've been cooped up for about a week now. Sick kids AGAIN! But, I don't want to be Debbie Downer so I'll focus on the good things that happened this week:

I made sherried tomato soup because my sister told me to. It is way too good. She knows I could eat tomato soup everyday. I substituted fat free half and half for the heavy cream & cut the sherry in half. Keep in mind you don't have to use "cooking" sherry that they sell in the grocery store. Buy regular sherry from the liquor store & you'll get more for you money. (Just don't go to the liquor store at 9 am with a child on your hip...you'll get strange looks)

I took Ben out for a change of scenery while Andrew was home with Dan. Ben is now better while Dan's got a worse case of the cold/virus that Ben had last week. Anyway, it was so cute hanging out just me & Ben, sharing a doughnut and tea followed by the grocery store and other errands. It was so easy too! I could use a regular cart, let him walk with me hand in hand & focus all of my attention on him. It did feel weird though, like I was forgetting something. And I must say, I think Ben has more fun on outings with Dan by his side. They make each other laugh.

I caught the twins playing together on our bed several times this week. It was so cute....they were playing hide and seek beneath the covers!

Ben has said several new words this week and is finally putting words together as phrases.

Andrew folded the hugest mound of laundry I have ever seen last night when I went to bed at 8:30. I just didn't have the stregnth to do it & I assumed the pile would be there this morning but NO! That alone made my week. Not to mention that his folding skills are near perfect...I am a stickler for folding certain things certain ways (nerd). So, thanks babe!

Here's to next week when we are all healthy and I will have some pictures of smiling faces to post!

Hope you are well!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment