Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Adventures in Bread Making

Honey Oatmeal Raisin




Light Whole Wheat


I have made homemade bread before...some beer bread, some breakfast breads and once, I made a whole wheat bread which required kneading. I realized I wasn't so good (or maybe not patient enough?)at kneading. Then I came across this book and my mom bought it for me!

All of the recipes in the book contain yeast but require no kneading. Instead, the rising time is super duper long, which is fine but now I just have to figure out when is the best time to begin making the bread. I started my dough for both breads at 4 pm the first day and after baking and cooling, it was nearly noon the next day!

Both loaves were really tasty with a good consistency. The wheat bread was good for sandwiches and the raisin bread was best as morning toast.

I'll keep you posted when I try out some other recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment