Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Most Perfect August Weather



















I can't remember August being this nice. This is the third day in a row of sweet sunshine, no humidity and cooler temperatures.

Yesterday, we took full advantage of the blue skies and headed out to meet my friend Lauren & her three girls, Lily, Nora & Lucy, at the Doorbrook Rec Center in Colts Neck. They have an awesome playground there and lots of land with full trees for picnicking.

The kids played for a while then they ran for the hills (literally) to race down over and over again.

Afterward, we stopped at Delicious Orchards for lunch and ice cream. Lauren and I split a frozen key lime pie bar which was a huge slice of key lime pie on a stick then dipped in milk chocolate and frozen. It was yummy and dare I say, a little too chocolate-y? Who would ever think I would utter those words?

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment