Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Best Buddies






When Ben & Dan were infants, taking care of them was a lot of work. I will never call it difficult because it wasn't. I was their Mom and it was my job to do my best for them in every circumstance. Yes, it was tiring, especially before they were on the same schedule. Some days were hectic and I rarely sat down. But, it was always enjoyable and I liked figuring out the best and most efficient ways to do a task for two at the same time.

Most moms of twins will tell you, the older they get, the easier it gets. This is a pretty true statement. In most regards it is easier. In other ways, it's harder. Physically, it is easier. No more strollers, diapers, and bottles makes life a lot easier. Also, they entertain each other pretty well. I can actually sit down and enjoy watching them play together.

These pictures of Ben and Dan playing soccer together on the beach are some of my favorite. To sit on the beach (for a few mintutes anyway) and watch my boys having fun all by themselves is so good.

The hard part is while watching them from afar, I am hoping that there is enough of me to go around for the both of them on an emotional level. That I am giving them equal time, that they are getting their fair share of alone time, that they are developing as individuals, separate from each other.

I can only do my best. But one thing I am sure of is that these brothers are the best of friends. And that is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment