Monday, October 17, 2011

Matt & Jessica's Wedding







Our townhouse in the background (brown & white end unit)






A double rainbow that appeared right before the reception started. This was the view from our deck.


We are home safe and sound from an awesome weekend in Lake George where we celebrated my cousin Matt's wedding. It was a long weekend and it feels good to be home. I have soup simmering on the stove & apple crisp baking in the oven. It smells like home & while I unpack, I'm replaying in my mind all the fun we had these past 3 days.

We arrived to beautiful Lake George, NY on Friday afternoon. The drive up was lots of mountain & leaf gazing with a mix of sun, clouds, rain and even a sun shower (my favorite) which led to a big fat rainbow that was directly in front of us for a good 5 miles or so.


As soon as we pulled up to the Inn, we spotted our cousins and Aunt & Uncle, most of whom we hadn't seen in a while especially Mikey who lives in CA. We found the townhome we were staying in, parked (after my car almost slid backwards down a steep hill...wet leaves on hills & a heavy car don't mix), unpacked and caught the boat for a river cruise.



Lake George is 32 miles of gorgeousness. We enjoyed catching up with family and cruising on the lake even though it rained. I was reminded of just how much I love my cousins on my mom's side. We have always had a blast together and have gotten into our fair share of (minor) trouble together too! On our way back to the townhouse, we got a bit lost. It was reminiscent of old family vacations (it was just the 4 of us afterall in Lake George) where we'd get lost, Christine would get freaked out, we'd all yell and I would laugh.

The following morning, we woke up to sunshine and a crisp chill in the air. It was the perfect day for a wedding. Christine and I ventured out after breakfast to see the views and snap some pictures.
Christine 6 1/2 months pregnant





Dressed for church.


The church was really quaint, Jessica looked beautiful (my camera battery died at this point so sadly, I have no pictures of the bride & groom!)and the ceremony was perfect.

Uncle Chris & Aunt Maureen




Back at the Inn, cocktail hour was held outside on the huge stone balcony complete with an outdoor fireplace, lobster soup shots and the best assortment of cheeses and chutneys ever.

The Inn where the reception was held.
Andrew & Paige


Dinner was delicious and there was a table full of cannolis and french macaroons & ice cream sundaes. We danced alot, even Christine who is 6 1/2 months pregnant. Lots of laughter, lots of wine and so much fun. The best part of the night was watching Uncle Chris dance with his NYC buddy like crazy. As a surprise to the guests and even Matt & Jess, the bride's father arranged for a fireworks show right over the lake in the middle of the reception.


Hannah & Lizzie

Mrs. Flynn is so cute (and a good little dancer!)


I was so glad to celebrate with them! More funny pictures to come, once I get my hands on them from Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment