Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blueberry Picking 2012








Big pregnant Mommy took the boys blueberry picking at Emery's organic farm last Monday when it wasn't as scorching hot as it's been (it still was about 89 degrees though). 

I realized three things that afternoon:
1. Blueberry bushes are the perfect height for children & the fruit is the perfect size for their little fingers.
2. Fruit picking of any kind has always been, in my experience, relaxing to me.  I always tell myself I will go back without the kids and pick like crazy.
3. Next summer, I will try to make my own jams & jellies, after chatting with a hippy-ish Grandma in the fields who had huge baskets full of berries for doing just that.  She insisted it is easy & I believe her.

I just made the most delicious blueberry muffins....recipe to come soon on my cooking blog....check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment