Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Santa Was Here!

Our Christmas weekend was really sweet and laid back and perfect.

Christmas Eve was just the four of us and we did whatever we wanted all day long and it felt so nice! No packing up gifts, no travelling...just us hanging out. Andrew took the boys and Georgia to the beach in the morning. Later, we all napped, made this crazy looking gingerbread sleigh, ate a nice meal, drove around to look at Christmas lights, then settled in with a big bowl of ice cream and some Christmas shows before bed.



Before and after.


The boys woke up at 4:30 am on Christmas morning! We tried to get them back to sleep but they were too excited! At 5 am we ventured downstairs and they were thrilled to see packages under the tree! I didn't take any pictures (boo) because Andrew had the video camera rolling. Santa brought lots of fun gifts and even brought their number one list item - the Polar Express train.

They played with that for quite a while before realizing that there were lots of other things to open!

Andrew and I were half asleep all morning long on the couch while the boys played, only to get up to eat this yummy french toast that I had made the night before.

We all went back to bed from 10am to 11:30 then headed to Grandmom & Grandpop's for Christmas dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Tell me more about that French Toast. I am intrigued because you say you made it the day before!! Do tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I will post it! I meant to link the recipe up there but couldn't find it! As soon as I come across it, I will add it in. It's so delicious...more like dessert! Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the post! Happy Christmas and New Year! I hope you are staying warm....

    ReplyDelete