Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year


Our New Year's weekend was quiet and slow and nice. In bed before midnight on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day spent lounging, picnicking and family hiking since the weather was so warm.

Today it is significantly colder with an even colder front coming in tonight or tomorrow. I never liked winter much but the older I get, the more I like it. Just the idea of hunkering down in a cozy clean house while the chilly winds whip around outside makes me smile. We went to the grocery store this morning and we are stocked for some new fresh meals to be made and some cookies and blueberry muffins to be baked.

I am not making many resolutions, mostly just to be the best mom I can be and not to be distracted by silly things that aren't worth our time. I love staying home with my boys and in a few years, they will be in school for full days. I want to savor every minute spent together because it goes by much too fast.

There is hardly any other place that my boys want to be than at home - in the comfort and safety that home holds. And since it's finally feeling like winter and we can't play much outside, we will enjoy our time spent together, like a little family of bears in hibernation. If I don't post much this winter, it's because we are eating and sleeping and playing games and watching movies.

I really think 2012 is going to be a good one.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment