Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumn Changes




I can see and feel the changes that autumn brings all around me.  Some feel so, so nice... like the picture perfect sunny but cool days & chilly nights sleeping with the windows open.  The pumpkin lattes & mums popping up on neighbor's porches.  Some are taking a little getting used to...like the tired boys adjusting to their school routine & recovering from their first of many colds of the season.  The sun that is setting earlier and earlier each day.

I find myself in the midst of so much personal change as well.  Finding time to be a good mom to the twins with a brand new baby is the hardest.  I feel spread so thin and I know this will get easier as Amelia gets older (she's already growing so fast...smiling and squealing!) , wanting so badly to get my body & energy back after baby, trying to do everything just as I used to as if I am not currently dealing with all this change!

I am not the most patient of people (Andrew will say that is an understatement!) & I am realizing that I am not too fond of change as well.  Is anyone really?  There are lots of personal lessons to be learned right in these moments.  I am sure of that.  The trick is noticing them, learning them and getting through each day with gratitude and grace.  It's not easy but I am trying!

And my sweet boys and little girl love me so much that they are being so patient through it all.

How adorable are those shirts handmade by my friend Lauren!




No comments:

Post a Comment